13 April 2012

gEt uP ~ DrEsS uP ~ sHoW Up





Here's the starting point.. 

an old picture frame. I found this at a local thrift store. While searching for a frame, I looked at the lip on the inside to be sure there was enough room to staple. Also on the checklist for finding the perfect frame - it had to have a wire hook so I could just aim for the nail in the wall and the frame could "sit" down on it. I had a section of cross-stitch material that I'd bought several months/years ago (for a quarter, ya'll). Since we all know by now that I believe if you can't see jewelry then you won't wear it, here's another example of my jewelry housing. This one may have been the Tipping Point of my jewelry-holder-obsession.

See what had happened was.....

With help from a girlfriend I painted the frame navy (to match my bedroom). While she was painting the frame, I was painting in the letters for the saying. I choose the quote from a long-ago forwarded email of "Life Lessons."  I enlisted the help of my boyfriend to get the fabric stapled (with the all-purpose handy-dandy staple gun) tightly and securely to the frame.


This works best only for hook and pin-back earrings. If you need to store clasp earrings, you'd better check out my post about Fluoride! ;-)


Time to hook in the earrings! 


Whatcha think? It is just me who needs this? (Surely not!) This was definitely a favorite to make; maybe because it has turned into such a necessity!


-get loh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!