22 April 2012

Compassion



We all want to label everything as good or bad.. Including ourselves and our actions. And right now, I so want to label myself as a bad Compassion supporter. Because I think today is/was Compassion Sunday. Well, in an effort to redeem myself, heres a snapshot of my relationship with Compassion.. I went to a women's conference (I think it was the EWomen Conference) a couple years ago. They played an extremely well-edited video of Compassion sponsored children and supported communities. I couldn't say no, so I signed up that day to sponsor a child. Damian was 8 at the time. There is absolutely no way to explain the rush you get when you open the mailbox to find an envelope that says:






Damian and I write often so we are able to keep up with big events in each other's lives. We pray for each other and wish each other Happy Birthday. Have I mentioned this child is in Boliva?! How/why did I become involved with a child from South America?  He experiences winter when it's warm here. And yet, when I am writing to Damian and reading his letters (he's 10 now and a great writer!) I feel very connected to him and his world. 


In the event that I have accomplished what I posted for, I will sign off. If you feel led to sponsor a child, please let me know if you have any questions. 


Matthew 25:40 - “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’"


-get loh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!