04 July 2012

Glitter & Ol' Glory

While on Pinterest one evening I found a super easy project - glitter-izing glass. It just so happened that I had a Coke bottle that I could use after I washed it. And, lo and behold, I had glitter. I was missing a key material - the floor finisher. No worries. Wal-Mart is just half a mile away. So E and I finally find the floor cleaning asle and are blown away at how many options we have. So, we spend ten minutes googleing the exact kind needed. Good thing we did. 

To Glitter-ize your glass material, here's what you need:

-Glitter (the amount depends on the size of your glass, but you will certainly need enough to cover the inside of the glass)
-Glass Bottle / Jar / etc
-Pledge Floor Care Finish

Once you've prepped your glass (i.e.: it is clean), pour in the Floor Finish and coat the inside of the glass. This will require swishing and swooshing actions. If any bubbles happen, wait until they fizzle out. There can't be any bubbles when you pour in the glitter. 



In the Finished, bubble-free glass, pour in the glitter. (I choose gold because I had more of it than any other color and really didn't know how much I would need.) 



The pouring may require a funnel. I just rolled up a sheet of paper.



 Again, use those swishing and swooshing actions. It is much easier to see if you are doing it "right" since you can see the glitter through the glass!

And, ta-da! 
A glitter-y bottle.


 Now what to do with it?



 Use it to salute Ol' Glory
Happy Independence Day, Ya'll!



I am sure this technique can be used for a myriad of projects. I foresee using it with the clear plastic Christmas ornaments. Any other ideas for glitter-izing glass??


-get loh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!