05 June 2012

Memo Jar

I love memo boards and all things reminder-ish. I was on a mission to create a memo board for my kitchen area. I was halted by the available space on my walls (minimal) and the fact that my landlord might not be impressed with just one more nail hole. Soooooo. I found a Pinterest pin explaining how to clean out candle jars. As we know, I love Woodwick candles and had an empty jar sitting around (destined for the trash- but I knew it could produce a treasure!). I decided to give it a whirl and with some luck and elbow grease, I got the jar clean. Now what to do with it?? Ahhhh, how about a moving, decorative memo jar?!?! Has it ever been done?! Who knows. We're off to new territorites...........

Start with an empty candle jar (this one just happens to be the sister of the one I actually used!).



Clean it out. Try here to see the steps I took.



I bought a bottle of Chalkboard paint awhile back (thanks to Pinterest, of course) but never had any reason to use it. Until now. I followed the directions on the bottle closely: Two coats (done at least an hour apart) and after 24 hours, cure the paint by rubbing chalk it then wash with soapy water. I painted about 4/5ths of the jar. I stuffed plastic down in the jar and then threw in the chalk.


And, ta-da! A moveable and decorative memo jar. ;-)




-get loh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!