26 March 2012

what does the blog description mean??

The blog description:
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.
-Luke 2:52


My take:
We see very little in scripture about Jesus' years between age 12 and 32. This verse is one of the most descriptive and it rocks my world. For 20 years, Jesus pushed himself mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially. So, if we are to be Christ-like, this is our tasking as well! For me, this means always learning -- at work, in school-settings, from the older generation, from children -- any time I can open my mind, I try to learn. Physically, we should be "in-shape" (a body in motion can do & will do great things!) -- trust me, this isn't my favorite because it's hard for me, but I try. Socially, we can't please everyone, every time; but we can strive to be known as God-fearin' and men/women of God. Pursuing all three will inevitable lead to spiritual growth and spiritual growth can only lead to growth in all other areas of our lives!

Why was this chosen?
I like lists and defined goals. And this verse is a perfect list with perfect goals from a perfect God!!

-get loh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!