10 August 2013

Border Patrol

I bought a great house that was move-in ready. Well, actually.......... move-in ready included borders I could not stomach every time I looked at them. The two bathrooms had a rather manly border (it was the same.... but nothing else in the two bathrooms matched. What gives?


So, in my guest/spare/whatever-term-I-give-it-that-day bathroom, there was a somewhat tolerable wallpaper but then that horrible border. After much debate along the lines of take down the border, or take down all the wallpaper, or maybe even paint over the border. Painting over the border was the final decision since I did not know if the wallpaper went all the way to the ceiling or if I wanted to tackle taking down all of the wallpaper. 

The border with the paint tape on already.


I bought a white KILZ recently (summertime-ish) but I had picked up a couple of brown paint samples in the spring or possibly winter timeframe. Since they were samples and I only had two, the pressure was on to be sure the border was well KILZ'd so I could be conservative with the paint color.
KILZ, one coat



Finally! Adding color. 


I was in love after the first roll of brown!

Heyheyhey. Looking so much better!

The shower curtain is kinda hard to see but it was the inspiration for the color.

A quick shot of the transformation. Ahhhh:)

Showing off my new clock with the "border." The clock is another story (click here)!!

-get loh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!