09 February 2013

Baby Shower! Post#1

I hosted a Baby Shower / Friends Reunion Party for a very dear friend, B. We had a blast welcoming baby K by playing games, offering wishes for baby, and giving them the most handy gifts.

Here's the prepwork pictures:

 
 I really enjoyed making the banner. It was the most time consuming project, but I love the effect. I cut out the letters with my Silhouette Cameo and then painted each flag (those were hand cut). After the letters dried, I hand stitched the flags onto the ribbon. I sprayed it several times, front and back, with Mod Podge spray so it would be stiff and not be too flimsy.



This punch was de-vine. Lemonade Punch

 My mom is an antique addict - this baby carriage is a great find. It is marked "Occupied Japan" and the toothpicks fit perfectly!
 The food! I made my own tuna salad, pimento cheese (no link, but it's easy - pimentos, sharp cheddar cheese, mayo to taste), and roast beef rolls. Baby veggies were a must and the BLT dip was a hit. I bought it from a local shop. For desert I had my triple chocolate cupcakes and strawberry fudge (no link, again, it's easy - white chocolate chips and strawberry icing). I cut the fudge into baby bottle shapes... cute. ;)

 Balloons are a must!
I asked everyone to sign-in on this tile that I gave to the Momma-to-be so she can prop it up in baby K's room.

-get loh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!